Does Steel Siding Rust?
Steel is one of the toughest and most durable materials homeowners can choose for their home’s siding. It’s also one of the most unique options at ABC Seamless of Cheyenne and a popular alternative to high-maintenance vinyl or wood siding. When severe weather comes around, you can rest assured your home in southern Wyoming or northern Colorado will be well protected against rain, hail and wind with premium-grade galvanized steel siding. However, one of the most common questions homeowners ask is, “Does steel siding rust?”
Rust Is History
Rust occurs if steel has been scratched or if it’s left unpainted for a long period of time. Here at ABC Seamless, our high-quality seamless steel siding combats rusting because it is:
- Made from 28-gauge, G-90 hot-dipped galvanized steel that’s fire-resistant and impact-resistant—steel so strong it puts “rust to rest.”
- Coated with a protective finish to prevent premature fading and comes with a fade warranty of 10 or 25 years, depending on whether you choose “PVC” or ˚Duck-Matte” colors.
- Maintenance-free! There’s no need to re-caulk, sand or re-paint, or pressure wash because steel doesn’t promote mold or mildew. Just rinse with a hose and you’re done.
- Seamless, which means our steel siding is fabricated to wrap around a house so there are no edges or cuts (seams) that that could develop into rust.
Naturally, there are other benefits to choosing steel siding. Our seamless steel siding:
- Typically has a layer of insulation to level out walls and enhance strength as well as add insulating properties provided by dead air space.
- Is ENERGY STAR® certified for overall energy savings.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
Even the Installation is Seamless
As innovators in siding for more than 40 years, ABC Seamless possesses a deep commitment to customer service and craftsmanship. When you call on us to install your seamless siding, expect professionally trained employees—never subcontractors—who have honed their skills and techniques for well over a decade.
If you’re considering seamless steel siding to protect your home in southern Wyoming or northern Colorado, call the experts at ABC Seamless of Cheyenne for more information and a free estimate. Winter is coming! We’ll make sure you—and your home—are ready for it.